Thursday, September 20, 2007

The times, they are a-changin'

Sorry about the eon that has passed since my last post. Not sorry about the eon, I should say...it was a great eon. I'm just apologizing for the lack of posts during the eon.

Also, I don't have a lot of time to wax on about all the stuff that's happened in the past...er...six weeks. I will soon, but because I've gotten a few requests for the photos below, here they are.

First, a bit of background.

When I was in my early teens, my Dad would always make me get a crew cut. This was at a time when all the kids wanted to look like Peter Frampton or Robert Plant, or (shudder) David Cassidy. My Dad was very sneaky about getting us to the barber shop. For instance, because he was a private pilot and licensed instructor, he would often give us kids flying lessons, and say "Hey, Andy! How about we go put some flight time in the airplane!" "Great, Dad!" I would squeal. So we'd climb into the car, but on the way out to the airport, he'd say:

"But first, a haircut!"

This phrase became infamous in my family, and came to mean anything horrible that has to be endured before you can get to the good part.

Last week, I returned to my hometown for a family reunion, and I decided that, for old times sake, me and my Dad would go get matching haircuts. Thus, I would transform the hideous and painful remembrance of those times into sweet nostalgia. Here are the before-and-after results:



My brother, who went through the same torment, looked upon my new 'do and shook his head as if I'd just gotten a swastika tattooed on my brow. "Come on, Steve!" I said. "Become one of us!"

I think he's still running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ursa wants to know what Argotnaut thinks of the new 'do.

argotnaut said...

I guess I prefer the floppy 'do somewhat, but this is fun to play with. I don't care a whole lot what someone wants to do with their hair.