Monday, April 03, 2006

Quick hip update

I think it's a good thing that I nearly forgot to mention this: I had an appointment with Dr. Hikes last week for my "two years out from the new hip installation" check-up. I had a new set of x-rays taken and then Dr. Hikes and I looked them over. The verdict: everything is A-OK. Good bone grown where there's supposed to be bone growth, no bone grown where there ain't. No gaps between the bone and the cup that forms the artificial socket. The pin in the femur is rock solid. Hip flexation is excellent.

So, no nasty surprises, and he doesn't need to see me again for another two years unless I start to experience any problems. Buddy is making sure that I walk at least two miles a day, and I'm doing enough biking to keep things well oiled. All good things, according to the doc.

I didn't expect him to find anything bad, but it's still nice to have the confirmation that all is well with the undercarriage.

1 comment:

liz said...

For some reason when I saw the title of the post I thought it was going to be an update that was hip, and also quick.

Glad to hear the outcome!